A great place to live
1. Prepare studies and develop plans to address anticipated crest gate repairs, facility enhancements, energy efficiency updates, and site security upgrades at the Byllesby Dam.
2. Prepare Operations and Visitor Services Strategic Plan for Parks.
3. Reduce the number of vehicular crashes on roads in the Dakota County Sheriff's Office Patrol area by 5 percent in 2014.
A clean and green place
4. Prepare contemporary plans that strategically guide the programming and capital improvement of the park and greenway system, including:
- Hastings area Vermillion River Greenway Master Plan
- Completion of the Mississippi River Interpretive Plan
- River to River Greenway (formerly Eagan Core Greenway)
- North Urban Regional Trail Greenway Master Plan Update
5. Expand the quantity and quality of protected open space and recreational opportunities, specifically:
- Complete Phase 1 construction of Whitetail Woods Regional Park
- Complete construction of Mississippi River Regional Trail – Swing Bridge Park Trailhead
- Initiate construction of Mississippi River Regional Trail – Spring Lake Park reserve
- Initiate construction of North Urban Regional Trail - Mendota Heights to West St. Paul segment
6. Protect, expand, and manage critical natural areas in Dakota County.
7. Implement a comprehensive nitrate drinking water program that includes well sampling, well sealing, and a coordinated educational campaign on the health effects of nitrate and mitigation/reduction measures.
8. Implement the priority strategies of the Solid Waste Master Plan to increase recycling and organics diversion.
9. Maximize opportunities for employment for consumers of our services.
10. Implement federal and state program reforms related to Affordable Care Act (ACA) and community-based Long-Term Services and/or Supports.
11. Improve offender outcomes and reduce recidivism by developing a new Community Coaches Program.
12. Promote safe and efficient transportation by conducting the North/South Connector Study and updating the Cedar Avenue Transitway (METRO Red Line) Implementation Plan for State II and Stage III.
13. Adopt the Robert Street Alternatives Analysis, pursue adoption within the Regional Transportation Policy Plan, and initiate preliminary engineering on Robert Street.
14. Begin design and environmental documentation for Cedar Grove Access Improvements.
15. Implement first year of the new Dakota Networks CIP.
County government that leads the way
16. Complete and implement County portfolio of 2014 process improvement projects and major information systems upgrades.
17. Implement 2014 financial management milestones and strategies.
18. Complete design and begin remodeling of County Facilities, including:
- Farmington Library
- Inver Glen Library
- Judicial Center
19. Continue to develop and implement "No Wrong Door/Every Door is Open" policy, strategies and solutions.
20. Complete the 2014 State Primary Election and General Election successfully using the County's new election equipment.
21. Continue to implement recommendations of the Governance Project.
22. Provide direction and analysis of security enhancement options and implement specific security enhancement recommendations.
23. Administer the outcomes-based employee health and wellness program.