A great place to live
1. Decrease theft and damage crimes in our county parks and trails by ten percent in 2013 through proactive enforcement, utilization of innovative strategies, and cross-jurisdictional cooperation.
2. Begin construction on upgrade of the Byllesby Dam.
3. Support the launch of the Metro Red Line on Cedar Avenue and work towards completion of remaining phase 1 projects.
4. Complete design and begin remodeling of County Facilities, including:
- Farmington Library
- Inver Glen Library
- Judicial Center
5. Construct improvements to Whitetail Woods Regional Park.
6. Construct Mississippi River Regional Trailhead.
A clean and green place
7. Prepare contemporary plans that strategically guide the programming and capital improvement of the park and greenway system, including:
- Lebanon Hills Regional Park Master Plan
- Lake Marion Greenway Master Plan
- Rich Valley Greenway Master Plan
- Eagan Greenway Master Plan
8. Implement the priorities of the Solid Waste Management Plan to increase recycling and organics diversion.
9. Improve and enhance supportive housing options and secure a range of affordable housing options.
10. Maximize employment opportunities for Community Services clients by collaborating with employers to improve access; and creating a division-model for communication and training on employment opportunities.
11. Facilitate implementation of evidence-based employment practices with Community Services partners to improve rates of employment for people with disabilities.
12. Continue efforts to reduce offender recidivism by:
- Identifying the most appropriate inmates for recidivism-prevention programs (RAP and jail programming).
- Exploring the feasibility of an “adult jail detention alternatives” initiative
Good for business
13. Complete Alternatives Analysis for the Robert Street Transitway
14. Begin construction of CSAH 5 and TH13 interchange in Burnsville
County government that leads the way
15. Implement functional and organizational changes recommended by the Maintenance Study.
16. Purchase new elections equipment with partnering counties and the cities and townships.
17. Implement a countywide initiative to improve the County’s core business processes in a sustained and systematic manner.
18. Re-evaluate the long-term purpose and structure of CJIIN to best serve Dakota County in the future.
19. Implement an incentive-based health and fitness program to improve employee health and reduce healthcare costs.
20. Enhance or replace the County’s current job classification system.
21. Maximize the benefits of our new financial data system (IFAS) by improving financial management skills, expanding online purchasing, and providing more user-friendly financial statements.
22. Evolve the multiple intake venues in Community Services to a system that is consistent, integrated, easy to navigate, convenient, and efficient for clients.