During the first year
During the first year of having a child care license, you must complete the following:
- Eight hours of training during the first year (The SIDS/Shaken Baby Syndrome training counts toward these hours. CPR and First Aid training do not count.)
- Two of the training hours must be in child development in the first year.
After the first year
Once you complete your first year with a child care license, you must complete the following:
- Each year, you must complete eight hours of training and view the Shaken Baby Syndrome video on years training isn’t taken.
- Every three years, the CPR course must be updated. (It will count toward the eight hours of yearly training.)
- Every five years, complete SIDS/Shaken Baby Syndrome training. (It will count toward the eight hours of yearly training.)