To place an order for Address Matching, phone 952-891-7081.
Your address records must be submitted in digital form. Acceptable formats are a Microsoft Works database, comma or tab delimited text or CSV file, .dbf file, Microsoft Access Database (free of custom macros), or Microsoft Excel workbook (free of custom macros). All digital files are scanned for viruses by GIS staff.
- An E-Size map (34" x 44") representing the location of your address records.
- Each matched address will be represented by a uniquely numbered dot relating to your address records.
- The map will also contain streets, some street names and municipalities. (Map extents and scale to be determined by extents of located dots.)
- A digital file containing unique identifiers and X/Y coordinates. (X/Y coordinates are in the Dakota County Coordinate System.)
- A digital file and hardcopy printout containing the address records that were not address matched.
- A digital file and hardcopy printout containing a formatted key to the unique identifiers. (Unique identifiers relate to the numbered dots on your map.)
- An invoice, payable to Dakota County GIS, for the standard setup charge and for those address records that are address matched.