Dakota County Community Services is adding three new workshops to assist people in applying for new MNsure health care programs before the open enrollment deadline of March 31.
MNsure is a one-stop health insurance marketplace where Minnesotans can get help, compare plans and choose from a variety of companies to find quality and affordable coverage.
Library workshops will be held from 6–8 p.m. on the following dates:
- Tuesday, March 11, at Wentworth Library, 199 E. Wentworth Ave., West St. Paul; 651-554-6800
- Thursday, March 13 at Pleasant Hill Library, 1490 S. Frontage Road, Hastings; 651-438-0200
- Wednesday, March 19, at Wescott Library, 1340 Wescott Road, Eagan; 651-450-2900
- Tuesday, March 25, at Galaxie Library, 14955 Galaxie Ave., Apple Valley; 952-891-7045
- Thursday, March 27, at Burnhaven Library, 1101 W. County Road 42, Burnsville; 952-891-0300
An application counselor will help attendees set up a MNsure account online, guide them through the application and answer any questions they might have. Anyone interested in attending should bring the names, dates of birth, incomes and Social Security numbers of anyone in their household applying for health care coverage.
Registration is required by calling a specific Library branch to sign up for its workshop.
In addition to the Library workshops, a computer lab is available to residents from 8:30 a.m.–3 p.m. Monday–Friday on the second floor of the Dakota County Northern Service Center, 1 Mendota Road W., West St. Paul, 55118. No appointment is necessary, and there will be staff support to answer questions and assist residents.