This annual permit allows vehicles to carry loads up to 14.6-feet wide, 14-feet high, 95-feet long and under the posted weight limit per axle up to a total vehicle gross weight of 180,000 pounds.
Dakota County highways are restricted to 9 ton per axle, except:
- During Spring Load Restrictions
- County Road 81 from CSAH 66 to State Highway 50 north of Hampton (posted 7 ton)
- County Highway 80 bridge just west of Hampton (posted up to 28 tons)
- County Highway 80 bridge at Denmark Ave. (posted up to 40 tons)
- County Road 90 bridge at Hayes Ave. (posted up to 32 tons)
The permitted weight limit on annual permits are not valid during seasonal weight restrictions— separate permits are required.
Online applications for Annual Oversize Vehicle Permits will move to a new system starting June 3. Read the One Stop website instructions to familiarize yourself with the new system.
Apply by mail
Print the Annual Oversize Permit Application, fill it out and mail it to the address at the top of the form.
For more information or to apply for a permit, contact the Right of Way/Permits Manager at 952-891-7115.
Credit card refund policy
All requests for refunds must be made in writing and include the following information: requestor’s name, company name (if applicable), complete mailing address, daytime phone number, refund amount requested and the reason for the refund.
Send your refund request to the Dakota County Permit Office, 14955 Galaxie Avenue, Apple Valley, MN 55124.