Trunk Highway 13
Traffic on Trunk Highway 13 is shifted to the south half of the roadway (one lane in each direction) while the north half of the roadway is closed for reconstruction. The north half of the roadway will remain closed until later this fall.
The exit ramp from southbound I-35W to southbound Trunk Highway 13 is closed until later this fall. To access southbound Trunk Highway 13 from southbound I-35W, follow the detour using the exit loop to northbound Trunk Highway 13, the entrance loop to northbound I-35W, and the exit loop to southbound Trunk Highway 13.
Additional closures that will remain in place until late fall include the following:
- Access to/from Trunk Highway 13 at Dupont Avenue is closed to traffic permanently.
- Access to/from County Road 5 north of Trunk Highway 13 remains closed at this time. Use Washburn Avenue or Cliff Road to access businesses north of Trunk Highway 13.
The ramps to/from County Road 5 south of Trunk Highway 13 are open to traffic.
County Road 5
County Road 5 between Williams Drive/Greenwood Drive and Trunk Highway 13 is open to traffic along with access to/from Trunk Highway 13.
County Road 5 north of Trunk Highway 13 is closed between Trunk Highway 13 and the NE Frontage Road. Access to/from Trunk Highway 13 is closed and will continue into fall 2014. Follow the signs to access local businesses.
Greenwood Drive/SE Frontage Road
The new section of the southeast frontage road between Valley Drive and the frontage road along I-35W is open to traffic.
Valley Drive between Woodhill Drive and the SE Frontage Road is open to traffic.
Access to/from Trunk Highway 13 at Dupont Avenue is permanently closed to traffic. Access to Dupont Avenue is from Washburn Avenue and the Frontage Road or from Cliff Road.
Access to businesses will remain available throughout construction. However, the location of access points may change during some of the construction work. Follow the “Business Access” signs to access local businesses.
Speed limits may be reduced in the work zone. Please don’t go around barriers into construction zones.
Upcoming Access Changes
Beginning on Monday, Sept. 29 (tentatively), the closure of the north half of Trunk Highway 13 will be extended further east for about one month to replace the existing pavement. This closure will extend to approximately 1,000 feet east of the bridge over I-35W. During this time, the following ramps/loops will be closed:
- Southbound I-35W ramp to southbound TH 13; Detour route – exit at Cliff Road, go west on Frontage Road to Washburn Avenue/TH 13 intersection
- Southbound TH 13 loop to southbound I-35W; Detour route – go south on Nicollet Avenue, west on Burnsville Parkway to I-35W interchange
- Northbound I-35W loop to southbound TH 13; Detour route – exit at Burnsville Parkway and go east, north on Nicollet Avenue to Nicollet Avenue/TH 13 intersection
Schedules are subject to change due to weather and other unforeseen circumstances.