Dakota County will crack seal approximately 18 miles of roadway this year. This work includes cleaning out cracks in the pavement and filling them with sealant. Crack sealing is done to extend the life of the pavement. Work will occur on the following segments:
- County Road 4 – Robert Street to Trunk Highway 52 in West St. Paul
- County Road 6 – 10th Avenue to Trunk Highway 156 in South St. Paul
- County Road 11 – County Road 42 to County Road 38 in Burnsville
- County Road 26 – County Road 43 to Trunk Highway 55 in Eagan
- County Road 26 – Cahill Avenue to County Road 56 in Inver Grove Heights
- County Road 33 – County Road 42 to 138th Street in Apple Valley and Rosemount
- County Road 42 – west of County Road 11 to east city limits in Burnsville
- County Road 43 – Mendota Heights Road to Vail Drive in Mendota Heights
- County Road 71 – County Road 42 to Trunk Highway 3 in Rosemount and Inver Grove Heights
- County Road 73 – County Road 71 to County Road 28 in Inver Grove Heights
- County Road 79 – Trunk Highway 50 to County Road 66 in Empire Township
Project Timeline: May–July 2014
Temporary lane closures will be necessary to complete this work. A flagging operation will be in place on two-lane roadways. On four-lane roadways, one lane will be closed and traffic will be shifted to the other lane in that direction. Delays are expected. Use alternate routes, if possible.
Schedules are subject to change due to weather and other unforeseen circumstances.
Any questions or comments concerning this or any highway projects, email Dakota County Transportation Department or phone 952-891-7900.