Attention students: Please verify that these conditions are acceptable to the institution giving you your test before having an exam sent to a Dakota County Library.
- Students must make arrangements in person at least 48 hours in advance and complete the Exam Proctoring Form.
- The Library will proctor either written or online exams. Note: Library Internet timing software will require that online exams be completed within 1 hour. No special software can be installed to complete this test. A WiFi network is available for students to use with their personal laptop.
- If the exam is written, it will be the student's responsibility to arrange for the exam to be delivered to the library and to determine when it has arrived. Untaken exams will be held for 30 days.
- The student will be required to present a picture ID before taking exam.
- Library staff cannot observe/monitor the student during the test.
- At the conclusion of a written exam, Dakota County Library will return the exam directly to the testing institution via U.S. mail only, and not by commercial delivery services, email or fax. Students are responsible for postage costs.
- Library staff will not copy finished exams or hold exams past the date they are taken.
- Staff will not sign a proctoring verification that attests to more than the staff has been able to do.
For more information on test proctoring, please contact your local library.