To use Zinio, you will need to create two different accounts—a library account to select your magazines and a Zinio.com account to view them. You must have a current Dakota County or South St. Paul library card to use this collection.
Set up a Library account to select magazines
- Go to the Library Zinio website.
- Click on the purple Create Account button.
- Enter your Dakota County/South St. Paul barcode and click Validate.
- Enter and email address and password. Your name is optional. Click Create Account.
- You will receive a confirmation notice in your email inbox. Click on the link to confirm.
- Then follow the directions to select a magazine.
Selecting a new magazine
- Log in to the Library Zinio website, using your email and password.
- A list of available magazines will be available.
- Click on the cover of the magazine you want to read.
- The first time you select a title, you will be taken to a new window to create a Zinio.com account.
Set up a Zinio.com account to read and manage your magazine subscriptions
- The first time you select a magazine, you will be taken to a new window to create a Zinio.com account.
- Enter your first name, last name, email and password. Click Continue.
- The first time you’ll be asked to fill out a personal preferences form. Complete the personal preference form and click Submit.
Reading your magazines
- Go to Zinio.com.
- Click log in at the top of the screen and enter your email and password. Click sign in.
- Click on my library at the top of the page to view the magazines you've subscribed to via the Library Zinio page.
- Click on the magazine cover to open and read.
At the bottom of the Library Zinio login page, you can download apps for a PC, MAC, iPhone, iPad, Android, Kindle Fire, and Blackberry Playbook. If there is not an app available for your device, you can still access and read Zinio magazines through your web browser.
Read magazines offline
To read magazines offline, follow these directions:
- You must be online to select magazines and download them.
- Follow the instructions to select a magazine.
- Open the Zinio app on your mobile device and select a magazine to download.
- When the download is complete, you can read that magazine offline.
- Only magazines that have been downloaded through the app can be read offline.
Removing magazines from your account
To remove magazine issues from your account:
- Log in to your Zinio.com account and click my library at the top of the page.
- Click the dropdown arrow in the View box to select the title of the magazine from which you want to remove issues.
- Click the Edit button near the top of the screen.
- Click the Remove button under each issue.
Printing is available on Zinio using a computer. Printing is not available from a mobile device.
- In your Zinio account, click on my library. Then, select a magazine.
- Go to the page you wish to print.
- Click the Print icon in the bottom left corner.