Spring means poetry at the Library. Haiku, free verse, odes and sonnets—whatever your poetry style we invite you to enter our Poetry Contest to showcase your talents.
Poets of all ages are encouraged to submit original poems from April 1–30. Poems will be judged in the following age groups:
- Children age 6–8
- Children age 9–11
- Teens age 12–14
- Teens age 15–18
- Adults age 19 and older
- This contest is open to all users of the Dakota County and South St. Paul libraries.
- Poems/raps must be your original work.
- You may submit one poem/rap of no more than two pages.
- No offensive or derogatory language.
- Submit entries online or at any Dakota County or South St. Paul Library by midnight April 30, 2014.
- A panel of judges will determine the winners based on creativity, clarity, style, form, and meaning.
- Winning poems/raps will be published on the Dakota County Library website.
- Complete an entry form online or pick one up any Dakota County Library location.