A picture is worth a thousand words. Dakota County teens can showcase their writing skills by viewing a picture and writing a short story—1,000 words or less—about what’s going on in the picture below to win prizes. Dakota County Library’s annual Teen Short Story Contest runs Oct. 1–31 and is open to teens 12–18 who live or attend school in Dakota County.
- Open to teens ages 12-18 who live or attend school in Dakota County.
- A limit of two two entries per person.
- Must be an original stories of 1,000 words or fewer.
- Participant must complete an entry forms available online and in library branches starting Oct. 1.
- Entries accepted starting Oct. 1. Entries can be submitted to any Dakota County Library location or via email to email@example.com by midnight Friday, Oct. 31.
Six winners (three per age category) will be announced the week of Nov. 15. Each winner will receive prizes courtesy of the Dakota County Library Foundation.
The Teen Short Story Contest was made possible through financial support from the Dakota County Library Foundation.