This notice is to announce the beginning of a 30-day public comment and review period of Dakota County Community Development Agency’s draft of the Dakota County Consortium’s 2014 Annual Action Plan.
The purpose of the public comment period is to receive comments from the general public concerning the proposed housing and community development needs and objectives of Dakota County and the projected use of FY 2014 Community Development Block Grant, Emergency Solutions Grant, HOME Program, and Program Income derived from CDBG and HOME.
Summary of the proposed uses for the 2014 CDBG Program and Program Income:
- Dakota County: $195,000 for countywide home improvement loans; $20,00 for well sealing grants; $5,000 for completing the 2015-2019 Consolidated Plan, $3250 for fair housing implementation and $197,139 for general administration.
- Program Income: Approximately $300,000 in revolving loan funds for homeowner improvement loans.
- Small Cities & Townships – Pending committee approval; $44,859 will be budgeted between Greenvale Township to complete a site inventory plan, Hampton to complete a capital improvement plan and an infrastructure management database, Miesville to complete a park improvement, and Randolph to replace the weather siren.
- Apple Valley - $12,000 for senior public services; $113,630 for home improvement loans.
- Burnsville - $109,414 for home improvement loans and remodel grants; $36,800 for public facility rehabilitation; $77,800 for senior and youth public services; and $12,000 for general administration.
- Eagan - $153,927 for home improvement loans; $5,000 for home weatherization loans; $35,000 for senior and youth public services.
- Farmington - $42,717 for commercial rehabilitation.
- Hastings - $68,927 for assessment abatement.
- Inver Grove Heights - $56,704 for acquisition and clearance of blighted property in floodplain; $56,704 for home improvement loans.
- Lakeville - $62,033 for home improvement loans; $52,337 for spot acquisition and clearance; $10,000 for senior public service.
- Mendota Heights - $26,336 for home improvement loans.
- Northfield - $20,000 for homebuyer assistance loans; $49,809 for home improvement loans.
- Rosemount - $51,554 for public facilities improvements.
- South St Paul - $26,267 for home improvement loans; $37,000 for acquisition of blighted property; $17,000 for public housing improvement.
- West St Paul - $81,906 for home improvement loans.
Summary of the proposed uses for the 2014 ESG
- $100,639 to be dedicated to rapid re-housing assistance payments.
- $27,000 to service assistance such as security deposit and housing search.
- $10,349 to general administration of the ESG program
Summary of the proposed uses for the 2014 HOME and estimated Program Income:
- Land Acquisition and New Construction: $442,304 for the development of affordable housing in Lakeville. This affordable workforce housing will be targeted to families with children.
- Community Development Housing Organization (CHDO): $88,461 available for eligible Dakota County Community Housing Development Organizations.
- Administration: $58,974 for the administration of HOME funded projects and HOME Consortium related responsibilities.
Written and/or oral comments may be submitted to the CDA to the attention of Leah Petricka, Community Development Coordinator, Dakota County CDA, 1228 Town Centre Drive, Eagan, MN 55123. Telephone: 651-675-4468, Fax: 651-287-8027, MN Relay Service: 1-800-627-3529. This information is also available on our website at www.dakotacda.org. Written comments will be accepted now through April 26, 2014.