This notice is to announce the beginning of a 30-day public comment and review period of Dakota County Community Development Agency’s draft section of the Dakota County Consortium’s 2013 Annual Action Plan. The purpose of the public comment period is to receive comments from the general public concerning the proposed housing and community development needs and objectives of Dakota County and the projected use of FY 2013 Community Development Block Grant, HOME Program, and Program Income derived from CDBG and HOME.
Summary of the proposed uses for the 2013 CDBG Program and Program Income:
- Dakota County: $162,225 for countywide home improvement loans; $16,963 for well sealing grants; and $167,355 for general administration.
- Program Income: Approximately $300,000 in revolving loan funds for homeowner improvement loans.
- Small Cities & Townships - $34,500 for Mendota public facilities improvement
- Inver Grove Heights - $46,800 for acquisition and clearance of blighted property in floodplain; $46,800 for home improvement loans.
- Mendota Heights - $22,050 for home improvement loans
- South St Paul - $28,700 for home improvement loans; $33,300 for acquisition of blighted property; $4,600 Public Housing Improvement.
- West St Paul - $67,500 for home improvement loans.
- Apple Valley - $11,000 for senior public services; $92,500 for home improvement loans.
- Burnsville - $105,915 for home improvement loans and remodel grants; $76,800 for senior and youth public services; and $12,000 for general administration.
- Eagan - $40,000 for home improvement loans; $84,615 for home weatherization loans; $35,000 for senior and youth public services.
- Farmington - $35,820 for home improvement loans.
- Hastings - $30,000 for assessment abatement; $27,150 for home improvement loans.
- Lakeville - $51,975 for home improvement loans; $25,988 for spot acquisition and clearance; $25,987 for senior transportation.
- Rosemount - $43,560 for public facilities improvements.
- Northfield - $15,000 for homebuyer assistance loans; $25,000 for home improvement loans; and $17,600 for acquisition and clearance of blighted property.
Summary of the proposed uses for the 2013 HOME and Estimated Program Income:
- Land Acquisition and New Construction: $378,390 for the development of affordable housing in Eagan or Lakeville. This affordable workforce housing will be targeted to families with children.
- Community Development Housing Organization (CHDO): $75,678 available for eligible Dakota County Community Housing Development Organizations.
- Administration: $75,490 for the administration of HOME funded projects and HOME Consortium related responsibilities.
Written and/or oral comments may be submitted to the CDA to the attention of Leah Petricka, Community Development Coordinator, Dakota County CDA, 1228 Town Centre Drive, Eagan, MN 55123. Telephone: 651-675-4468, Fax: 651-287-8027, MN Relay Service: 1-800-627-3529. This information is also available the CDA website at www.dakotacda.org. Written comments will be accepted now through April 7, 2013.
2013 Dakota County Action Plan