The Schaar’s Bluff Trailhead and picnic area provide a scenic overlook of the Mississippi River Valley as well as access to summer hiking and winter ski trails. The large picnic area with shelters can accommodate large group events.
Schaar’s Bluff Trailhead is located near Hastings within Spring Lake Park Reserve. (Map and driving directions)
Picnic shelters and restrooms are handicap accessible.
Hours: Daily, 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Fees: No entrance fees. Trail use fees for cross-country skiing do apply.
Trail maps: Summer Winter
- More than three miles of summer hiking trails
- More than three miles of ski touring trails
- Almost two miles of ski skating trails
- Picnic shelters
- Children’s playground
- Sand volleyball court
- Fire rings (Firewood restrictions)
- Large picnic area
- Access to Mississippi River Regional Trail