Libraries Parks

Green Guide



Place small amounts of cellulose and fiberglass insulation in the garbage. For larger amounts, call your garbage hauler to schedule a pick-up or bring to a landfill or transfer station

Insulation that contains asbestos needs to be removed by a licensed contractor. It can cause serious health risks when fibers are disturbed and become airborne. For a list of licensed asbestos contractors and information on proper removal procedures, contact the Minnesota Department of Health at 651-201-4620.  
Information on this page applies to households ONLY. Different rules may apply to businesses in Dakota County.

Last updated: 7/12/2016 4:42 AM