Libraries Parks

Green Guide


Recycle  Place metal food and beverage cans with curbside recycling or bring them to The Recycling Zone.  

Some recycling service providers are now collecting more types of plastics,
paper and metal. Call your recycling service provider to find out if empty aerosol and paint cans are acceptable in your curbside container.


If empty aerosol and paint cans are not accepted in your curbside container, place them in the garbage.

Place empty cans that held other chemicals, such as paint thinner and automotive fluids in the garbage.
Did you know? Recycling one aluminum can saves enough energy to power a TV or computer for three hours.

Information on this page applies to  households ONLY.  Different rules may apply to businesses in Dakota County.

Last updated: 3/4/2014 5:40 AM