Did you know?
||Recycling haulers are collecting more types of plastics than in the past, so contact your recycling hauler for a detailed list on which types are accepted in your curbside recycling container. |
Place the following plastics in your curbside recycling container or bring to The Recycling Zone.
- Plastic bottles and jugs
- Yogurt, pudding and fruit cups
- Margarine, cottage cheese and other plastic tubs
- Produce, deli and take-out containers
- Dishwashing liquid bottles and detergent jugs
- Ketchup and salad dressing bottles
- Milk and juice jugs
- Shampoo, soap and lotion bottles
- Water, soda and juice bottles
- Microwavable food trays
Recycling preparation tips
- Give it a quick rinse.
- Labels and caps stay on.
- Do not place recyclables in plastic bags.
Based on new changes at recycling facilities, do not put plastic bags in your home recycling cart
. Also, do not bag your recyclable items — throw them in loose. Bags wrap around machines at the recycling facility. Bring plastic bags to The Recycling Zone
or to your local grocery store for proper recycling.
Place non-recyclable plastics, such as toys and containers that held automotive and yard products, should be placed in the garbage. Call your recycling service provider for a complete list of non-recyclable plastics. Place non-recyclable plastics in the garbage.
The plastic recycling industry provides jobs for more than 52,000 Americans. Information on this page applies to households ONLY. Different rules may apply to businesses in Dakota County.