Libraries Parks

Green Guide


Hazardous Waste  Bring mercury thermometers to The Recycling Zone. Do not place in the garbage. Place digital and outdoor thermometers in the garbage.

If mercury is spilled in your home, do not vacuum it up. Call the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency at 651-649-5451 or go to their Web site for guidelines for proper mercury spill cleanup. Or, you can visit the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency web page on mercury spills

Information on this page applies to households ONLY. Different rules may apply to businesses in Dakota County.

Last updated: 3/4/2014 5:52 AM