Check back frequently to see what’s happening, get involved and view results.
- Phase 1 – Design process and gather stakeholder input on solid waste issues, barriers and solutions (October 2016–February 2017)
- Phase 2 – Draft Solid Waste Master Plan strategies and gather stakeholder feedback (March-May 2017)
- Phase 3 – Draft and revise Solid Waste Master Plan based on Policy Plan requirements and stakeholder feedback (June–October 2017)
- Phase 4 – Finalize the stakeholder-driven Master Plan for County Board approval and submission to the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency by the required deadline (October–December 2017)
Phase 1 – Design process then gather stakeholder input
A comprehensive Stakeholder Engagement Process Design is guiding this work, supported by a detailed Implementation Plan. Summaries of the input gathered are listed below:
Residential Input Summary
Businesses, Reuse Organizations and Industrial Users Input Summary
Municipalities & School Districts Input Summary
Haulers, Recycling Facilities and Resource Recovery Facilities Input Summary
The following is a list of stakeholders and how each could submit comments.
Haulers, recycling facilities, landfills and resource recovery facilities
- In-person input session in late November 2016 See input from the session.
- Online surveys
- Haulers, recycling facilities, landfills
- Resource recovery facilities
Businesses and multi-unit housing property owners
Industrial waste generators