Bring leftover hazardous products to The Recycling Zone for free, environmentally safe recycling and disposal or to one of these community collection events.
One-day community collections
Household hazardous waste is collected at one-day events throughout the year for all Dakota County residents.
Hazardous waste one-day collections have been canceled for spring 2021. Please use The Recycling Zone in Eagan to get rid of chemicals and electronics.
Materials accepted at all collections
Additional items may be collected by the city at each event.
Household hazardous waste accepted for no charge
- Batteries—auto, single-use and rechargeable
- Driveway sealer
- Fluorescent light bulbs
- Gasoline or other fuels
- Motor oil
- Paint—latex or oil
- Paint thinner
- Propane tanks/gas cylinders
- Thermometers and thermostats
- Weed and insect killers
- Most products labeled dangerous, flammable, combustible, poisonous or corrosive
All electronic items accepted for free from residents except TVs and monitors which have a $10 fee.
- Answering machines
- Cell phones
- Computer equipment (keyboards, mouse, towers, hard drives, modems, etc.)
- Electronic games systems (PlayStation™, Xbox®, Nintendo™, Leap Frog®, VTech®, etc.)
- Fax machines
- iPods®, MP3 and other portable media players
- Monitors ($10 fee per item)
- Stereo equipment
- Televisions—any size ($10 fee per item)
- VCR and DVD players
Small household electronics* accepted
- Blenders (remove glass pitcher)
- Bread makers
- Carpet sweepers
- Coffee makers (remove glass carafe)
- Electrical knives
- Electric toothbrushes
- Food sealing equipment
- Hair dryers
- Metal tools (drills, screwdrivers, sanders, small saws, etc.)
- Shaving equipment
- Toaster ovens
- Vacuum cleaners (no bags)
*Remove batteries from all items and bring to Recycling Zone or collection event.