Festivals, parties and events can create a lot of trash. Make a change at your next get-together by recycling. Visit the Rethink Recycling page and search green events to learn how to coordinate a green event from start to finish.
Plan your event
Provide recycling containers for your guests to collect cans, bottles and paper. Every trash bin should have a recycling bin next to it.
Event recycling help
Get help making a low-waste event plan, educating vendors and training volunteers. Borrow event recycling resources like containers, bags and signs by contacting your city recycling coordinator or Dakota County:
- Apple Valley, Burnsville, Eagan and Lakeville (Dakota Valley Recycling), 952-895-4559
- Farmington, 651-280-6905
- Hastings, 651-480-6182
- Inver Grove Heights, 651-604-8511
- Mendota Heights, South St. Paul, Sunfish Lake and West St. Paul, 651-552-4118
- Dakota County, 952-891-7557
Recycle what you collect:
Compost the food scraps and napkins you collect:
- For larger events, ask your waste hauler if they can provide pick-up service.
- Transport your organics directly to The Mulch Store ($2/bag).
- Put small amounts of food waste without meat or dairy in a backyard compost bin.