The Dakota County Public Art Citizens Advisory Committee seeks original works of two-dimensional art for its Community Art Exhibition. The exhibit is one of the ways the Dakota County Public Art Citizen Advisory Committee is working to make local art more accessible to residents.
Artists looking to display their work can submit digital images of their original two-dimensional artworks to be considered for the exhibit. All ages are welcome, one entry per person. Entrants must live in Dakota County. The submission deadline varies by season: Dec. 1 – winter art, March 1 – spring art, June 1 – summer art, Sept. 14 – fall art.
The committee will review the submissions and make a recommendation to the County Board. The Dakota County Board of Commissioners will make the final decision on which works of art will be exhibited. The committee includes 11 members who have backgrounds in art and have been selected by the Board.
The works of art will be displayed in various Dakota County buildings.
Artwork can be submitted to Kasha McLay by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to Dakota County Public Services & Revenue Division, 1590 Highway 55, Hastings, MN 55033.
Submittals must include a completed Application/Submission Form. All information on the form will be classified as public data and will be made available to the public upon request.
Criteria for Selection
- Subject Matter – The theme of this Community Exhibit is “Dakota County’s Four Seasons”
- Originality – Artwork must be one-of-a-kind or part of an original limited edition.
- Artistic Excellence – Artwork must be of high quality and aesthetic merit.
- Size – The maximum size of a work of art is 24 inches by 36 inches and be ready to hang.
- Restrictions – Artwork will be on loan to Dakota County for a period of approximately six months. The artwork will be displayed after the artist and the County have entered into a written agreement regarding the display. Artists will relieve the County for responsibility for any damage to the art.
- Community Values – Artwork may not be obscene and shall be appropriate in terms of local community values.
Who is eligible
You must be a Dakota County resident to participate. All ages welcome. One entry per person.
Questions? Contact Kasha McLay at 651-438-4372 or email@example.com.