A great place to live
1. Reduce the number of active warrants (currently 4,200) in Dakota County by 10 percent.
2. Provide direction and analysis of court and County facility security enhancement options and implement recommendations for specific security enhancements.
3. Improve the preparedness of Dakota County to respond to a major emergency by implementing improvements to the Emergency Operations Center and staff readiness.
4. Create a Dakota County Transportation Coordinating Collaborative to increase efficiencies, transit accessibility, and usability for customers, including the growing population of older adults, individuals with disabilities, and those with lower incomes.
A clean and green place
5. Implement the County Board's preferred option to increase power production at Byllesby Dam.
6. Complete contemporary plans and studies to advance operational effectiveness and enhance public service of the park and greenway system, including:
- Complete Visitor Services Strategic Operations Plan
- Complete Eagan and Rich Valley Greenway Master Plan
- Complete Natural Resources Management Plan
7. Deliver the 2015 Parks Capital Improvement Program to provide the most popular recreation activities and enhance natural resource stewardship, including:
- Continue construction of the Mississippi River Regional Trail – Spring Lake Park Reserve segment
- Complete River to River Greenway – West St. Paul and Mendota Heights segment
- Complete North Creek Greenway – MN Zoo segment
8. Continue natural resources program efforts, including:
- Manage 1,240 acres of restored natural resources within the Dakota County Park System, including 540 acres of prairie and 700 acres of invasive species management in Lebanon Hills Regional Park
- Begin enhancement and restoration of 88 acres of natural resources within Spring Lake Park Reserve
- Begin enhancement and restoration of 325 acres within Whitetail Woods Regional Park
9. Address new legislative mandates to increase recycling through organics diversion program implementation
10. Improve offender outcomes and reduce recidivism among juveniles who are under the supervision of Community Corrections.
11. Create a system with select school districts and non-profit partners to assess identified children’s progress toward key developmental milestones.
12. Tailor Dakota County’s services to all racial/cultural communities receiving assistance from Children and Family Services (CFS).
Good for business
13. Improve and integrate Information Technology infrastructure and applications in collaboration with other partners.
14. Complete the Cedar Avenue Transitway (METRO Red Line) Implementation Plan Update.
15. Initiate and develop options for an East-West Transit Connector Study for Dakota County.
16. Conclude the Robert Street Alternatives Analysis (AA) process, and identify and pursue necessary next steps for planning and environmental review.
17. Complete the Arterial Connector Study.
County government that leads the way
18. Purchase, implement, and deploy new election equipment for the 2015 election cycle.
19. Implement changes to the structure and function of the Board's Citizen Advisory Committees.
20. Advance the integration of the Community Services delivery system through development of an online assessment tool, staffing model for high service customers, and space planning.
21. Continue Judicial Center (JDC) Construction.
22. Continue to develop strategies to improve and expand the County's use of volunteers.
23. Maintain sound financial management strategies and practices.
24. Initiate a review of the Dakota County Environmental Fund and develop options for the ongoing funding for preservation of open space.
25. Implement a systematic countywide approach to better support County responsibilities to uphold HIPAA, data practices, and data security mandates.