The Dakota Broadband Board is a partnership between the County, the Community Development Agency and a number of cities that will integrate and manage the 250-mile publicly-owned telecommunications fiber that already exists within the county.
Joint Powers Agreement
The Dakota Broadband Board Executive Committee meets at 8:30 a.m. on the first Wednesday of the month at the Apple Valley Municipal Center. The Dakota Broadband Board meets at 4 p.m. on the second Wednesday of the month at the Apple Valley Municipal Center.
Due to the current public health emergency, and in accordance with the Emergency Executive Order 20-20 issued by Governor Walz on March 25, 2020, the Dakota Broadband Board and Executive Committee will meet virtually via Zoom. Please see the respective meeting dates below for information on how to sign into the Zoom meeting.
Board of directors
- George Tourville, City of Inver Grove Heights (chair)
- Liz Workman, Dakota County
- Dick Vitelli, City of West St. Paul
- Joshua Hoyt, City of Farmington
- Bill Droste, City of Rosemount
- Jimmy Francis, City of South St. Paul
- Tina Folch, City of Hastings
- Neil Garlock, City of Mendota Heights
- Dan Gustafson, City of Burnsville
- Mary Hamann-Roland, City of Apple Valley (vice-chair)
- Luke Hellier, City of Lakeville
2020 Dakota Broadband Board Meetings
2020 Executive Committee Meetings
2019 Dakota Broadband Board Meetings
2019 Executive Committee Meetings