Parents are key to creating a healthy school food environment. Here are things you can do to help your school be the best it can be and protect your child's health:
- Familiarize yourself with your school district's wellness policy.
- Learn about your school's policies regarding foods and beverages used in fundraisers, classroom parties, vending machines, school stores and school meals.
- Talk to other parents about ways to offer healthier fundraisers and healthier classroom parties.
- When sending snacks and lunches to school, be sure they are healthy.
- Be a positive role model by practicing healthy eating and activity habits.