Start a walking group
Walking groups can be a great way to stay motivated, get to know your neighbors or co-workers, and learn about new places to walk.
If you're interested in starting a walking group, email email@example.com. We’re looking for people willing to help organize and lead a Simple Steps Connect! Walking Group. After your group gets started, we’ll help you promote it to other Simple Steps walkers.
Check out this YouTube video before starting your walking group and then make it your own.
We can help. Individuals, community organizations, worksites or social groups that would like to start a walking group can contact Amy Jones for more information on how to receive a 1-hour walking group leader training that will provide you with the knowledge and tools to get started.
Join one of the walking groups in Dakota County
- 62+ Walking Group: Fridays, 9 a.m. at Earley Lake Trail in Burnsville. Contact Gabriela at 952-435-9019 with questions or just show up.
- Adult Walking/Hiking Club: See a Hiking Club Flyer for details. Meeting locations in West St. Paul, Inver Grove Heights, Minneapolis and St. Paul.
- Women’s Walking Group: Wednesdays, 5 p.m. at Rolling Oaks Park in Lakeville. Contact Sue at Mikesuek4@aol.com with questions or just show up.
- Twin Cities Hiking Meetup: Saturday mornings at Lebanon Hills Regional Park in Eagan. Go to their Meetup page for more information.
- 50+ Adult Walking Group: Wednesdays, 9 a.m. at Thompson Park Activity Center in West St. Paul. The group carpools to various walking locations in the metro. Contact TPAC at 651-403-8300 for more information.
- Caponi Art Park Walking Group: Second and fourth Wednesday, 9:30 a.m. at Caponi Art Park in Eagan. See flyer for full details.