The order in which individuals are contacted while on the waiting list is set by priority levels. Currently, Dakota County is servicing only priority #1.
Dakota County has six Priority Levels:
1. You are asking for help to complete high school, GED, or adult basic education.
2. You are completing your transition year child care or you are no longer receiving Diversionary Work Program (DWP) supports.
3. If you were an active client under the Basic Sliding Fee program in another county and moved to Dakota County, you may be eligible for funding under Portability Priority. Your current funding may be available to continue for 6 months. If funding is not available within 6 months, you will be terminated from the child care program. Your name will stay on the waiting list with the effective date that you moved to Dakota County until funding becomes available.
4. You or one parent, is a veteran released with honorable discharge from military service.
5. You are working. You must work at least an average of 20 hours per week and your income must be below the 175 percent federal poverty guidelines.
- If you are a two-parent family, both adults must work at least an average of 20 hours per week.
- Your eligibility for this program will be determined when your name comes up or you are applying for At Home Infant Care.
6. You are requesting childcare assistance to attend post-secondary education. A training committee must approve the training plan, for it to be allowed.