Dakota County will resume more in-person services Monday, July 13 including a new Library express service, license center transactions and outdoor camps with COVID-19 safety guidelines in place.
The July 13 reopenings include:
- All nine Library locations
- Walk-in services at county license centers in Burnsville, Lakeville and Rosemount
- Customer windows and lobbies at Western Service Center in Apple Valley, Northern Service Center in West St. Paul and Administration Center in Hastings
- Outdoor education programs and camps
- Gun permit applications at Western Service Center
- Law Library at Galaxie Library in Apple Valley
All customers must wear a mask or face covering while in county buildings. They are asked to remain at least 6 feet from others to ensure safe physical distancing, wash or sanitize their hands and to stay home if they are sick or have COVID-19 symptoms. County staff are following similar safety measures.
Library service and hours change
Dakota County Library locations will offer a new, walk-in express service with limited building capacity. Customers can:
- Pick up items on hold
- Find books or other materials on a shelf
- Check out items.
- Use a computer and print, scan, copy or fax. With walk-in visits permitted, computer appointments will no longer be scheduled.
Also starting July 13, all Library locations will be open:
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 9 a.m.–5 p.m.
- Tuesday and Thursday, 11 a.m.–7 p.m.
Curbside pickup by appointment remains available. Library services and space will be adapted to follow public health guidelines. Select seating will be available. Meeting and study rooms, iLAB equipment, 2GO! Kits and children's play areas are not available.
Find more information about county services during COVID-19.