Visit Dakota County Library to learn about Latin American cultures during Latinx Heritage Month. From dance to music to crafts, Latinx Heritage Month events are part of the County's efforts to celebrate the diversity of the community through programming that help residents build connections and understanding. Events include:
Adventures of Juan
Enjoy an entertaining puppet show exploring Mexican and American mythologies. Presented by Teatro del Pueblo.
- Saturday, Sept. 21, 10–11 a.m. Wentworth Library, 199 E. Wentworth Ave., West St. Paul
- Saturday, Sept. 28, 10:30–11:30 a.m. Burnhaven Library, 1101 W. County Road 42, Burnsville
Spanish and English Storytime for 2s–6s
Experience stories, rhymes and fingerplays in Spanish and English. Siblings welcome. Ages: 2–6.
- Thursday, Oct. 3, 10:30–11:15 a.m. Robert Trail Library, 14395 S. Robert Trail, Rosemount
Skeletons in the Closet
Watch a bilingual puppet show celebrating love and the cycle of life as children discover the meaning of the Day of the Dead. Presented in Spanish and English by In the Heart of the Beast Puppet and Mask Theatre.
- Friday, Oct. 11, 10:30–11:15 a.m. Robert Trail Library, 14395 S. Robert Trail, Rosemount
- Saturday, Oct. 26, 10:30–11:30 a.m. Inver Glen Library, 8098 Blaine Ave., Inver Grove Heights
- Saturday, Nov. 2, 10:30–11:30 a.m. Burnhaven Library, 1101 W. County Road 42, Burnsville
Leo and Kathy Lara: Música, Lengua y Cultura
Hear the legend of the armadillo-shelled charango, sing a Cuban lullaby and listen to Latin American folk music with performances by Leo and Kathy Lara in this event featuring music, language and culture.
- Saturday, Oct. 12, 10:30–11:15 a.m. Galaxie Library, 14955 Galaxie Ave., Apple Valley
Ticket to Brasil
Discover the world of Brazilian music, traditional percussion playing and dance.
- Saturday, Oct. 12, 2–3 p.m. Wentworth Library, 199 E. Wentworth Ave., West St. Paul
Latin Dance Styles with Salsabrosa
Watch Salsabrosa's instructors perform Latin dance styles and learn fun and easy steps. Registration begins Sept. 30 and is required.
- Monday, Oct. 14, 6–7 p.m. Wentworth Library, 199 E. Wentworth Ave., West St. Paul