Dakota County Community Services is offering workshops to assist people applying for MNsure health care programs during the 2016–2017 open enrollment period.
MNsure is a one-stop health insurance marketplace where Minnesotans can get help, compare plans, and choose from a variety of companies to find quality and affordable coverage.
Workshops will be held Nov. 9–Jan. 30 at Dakota County library locations. A certified navigator will help attendees set up MNsure accounts online, guide them through applications and answer any questions. Anyone interested in attending should bring the names, dates of birth, incomes, social security numbers and employer-provided health insurance information of anyone in their household applying for health care coverage. Registration is recommended by calling the specific library branch to sign up for its workshop.
In addition to the workshops, a computer lab is available to residents Monday through Friday from 8 a.m.–3 p.m. on the second floor of the Dakota County Northern Service Center, 1 Mendota Road W., West St. Paul, 55118. No appointment is necessary and there will be staff to answer questions and assist residents.
Workshops will be held from 6–8 p.m. on the following dates:
- Wednesday, Nov. 9, at the Pleasant Hill Library, 1490 South Frontage Rd, Hastings, 651-438-0200.
- Wednesday, Nov. 16, at the Inver Glen Library, 8098 Blaine Ave, Inver Grove Heights, 651-554-6840.
- Monday, Nov. 28, at the Burnhaven Library, 1101 W County Rd 42, Burnsville, 952-891-0300.
- Monday, Dec. 5, at the Wentworth Library, 199 East Wentworth Ave, West St. Paul, 651-554-6800.
- Wednesday, Dec. 14, at the Robert Trail Library, 14395 S. Robert Trail, Rosemount, 651-480-1200.
- Wednesday, Jan. 11, at the Farmington Library, 508 Third St, Farmington, 651-438-0250.
- Tuesday, Jan. 17, at the Wescott Library, 1340 Wescott Rd, Eagan, 651-450-2900.
- Wednesday, Jan. 25, at the Heritage Library, 20085 Heritage Dr, Lakeville, 952-891-0360.
- Monday, Jan. 30, at the Galaxie Library, 14955 Galaxie Ave, Apple Valley, 952-891-7045.