Dakota County Library is slowly reopening in-person services beginning with computer and technology appointments.
Computers are available for individual use by one-hour appointments at all nine library locations. The computers have internet access and are loaded with Microsoft Office 2010 (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Publisher) and other software. They can be used for the library catalog and research tools, such as magazine and newspaper indexes, business databases, consumer information, and encyclopedias.
Printers, copiers, scanners and fax machines are also available for 15-minute appointments. Bring a credit card or cash if needed; $1 and $5 bills are accepted. To limit person-to-person contact, staff members are unable to make change.
To make an appointment:
- Call your nearest library location to schedule an appointment.
- Arrive at the library at your appointment time
- Call the library using your personal phone or the public phone available at library entrances to let staff know you have arrived for your appointment.
To protect the health of customers and staff, you are asked to:
- Wear a mask while in the library. Customers who are unable to wear a face covering or mask due to a health or other condition can call the library to make alternative arrangements.
- Maintain a physical distance of 6 feet from others.
- Stay home if you are sick or have COVID-19 symptoms, been in close contact with someone who has been diagnosed or is suspected to have COVID-19, or traveled or have been in contact with someone who has traveled by airplane within the last 14 days.
Computers and other equipment are sanitized after each use.
Expanded Wi-Fi access
You can also bring your own laptop or device and use the library's free Wi-Fi to access the internet. Wi-Fi signals have been expanded to cover the parking lots at all library locations. These services help provide access to the internet and technology to help meet the needs of the community.
For more information, visit the Dakota County Library's Using a Computer page.