The Dakota-Scott Workforce Development Board has recognized 12 area organizations as Employers of Excellence for their employee retention, compensation and training practices. The Workforce Development Board wanted to recognize some of the best employers in Dakota and Scott counties and provide vital information to companies about the practices they use to attract and retain employees. With the help of local sponsors, the board commissioned a study and asked area employers to participate.
Each participant completed a 40-question survey that allowed their employment practices to be analyzed by a consulting firm. Every organization participating in the survey received a 20-page report detailing the information on their company and the results of the survey. Employers were evaluated on numerous metrics.
Recipients were recognized at the Employers of Excellence Event on Aug. 15. Event sponsors included Dakota County Community Development Agency, Scott County Community Development Agency, Inver Hills Community College and Dakota County Technical College.
Small Employer (fewer than 75 employees)
- Carlson Capital Management, Hastings
- Custom Drapery and Blinds by Esch, LLC, Burnsville
- Hydra-Flex, Inc., Savage
- Stonebrooke Engineering, Burnsville
Mid-Size Employer (75–200 employees)
- Apothecary Products, LLC, Burnsville
- Dakota Electric Association, Farmington
- Firefly Credit Union, Burnsville
- The Smead Manufacturing Company, Hastings
Large Employer (more than 200 employees)
- Collins Aerospace, Burnsville
- Entrust Datacard, Shakopee
- Prime Therapeutics, Eagan
- Wings Financial Credit Union, Apple Valley