The Dakota-Scott Workforce Development Board is seeking nominees for numerous awards. They will be presented at the Legislative and Awards Luncheon Dec. 6. The nomination deadline is Nov. 1.
Nominees are sought for:
- The Mark McAfee Friend of Workforce Award. Given to an individual who has championed workforce issues at the local, state or federal level.
- The Business Champion Award. Recognizes an outstanding company that also uses CareerForce Center services such as the job fairs, job postings or counselor assistance.
- The Bob Killeen Award. Recognizes companies for their implementation of innovative or quality practices.
- The Willis E. Branning Excellence in Youth Employment Services Award. Recognizes an organization, an employer or an individual with a demonstrated commitment to and effectiveness in preparing young people ages 14–24. Two awards will be made — one for Dakota County and one for Scott County.
- Bob Klas Sr. Entrepreneur Award. Recognizes a local entrepreneur success story as evidenced by business growth, the individual's leadership in the business or civic communities, or the mentorship they provide to other entrepreneurs.
- Employer of the Year for People with Disabilities. Presented to an employer who has improved the lives of people with disabilities through employment.
For more information or to submit a nomination, contact Mark Jacobs by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 651-554-5622.