Libraries Parks

Business Hazardous Waste Licenses

Add a New Waste Stream

New hazardous waste produced by your business must be reported to Dakota County within 75 days of producing the waste. To do this, you must complete a License Application for the new waste stream.

Non-hazardous wastes must be managed as an industrial waste and disposed of at a facility that is permitted to accept industrial waste. Industrial waste may be accepted at either sanitary or industrial landfills. Codisposal—disposal of non-hazardous industrial waste at a sanitary landfill—requires prior review and approval from Dakota County.

No review or approval by Dakota County is necessary to dispose of industrial waste at an industrial landfill. However, landfill personnel will evaluate and accept a waste based on its characteristics and the requirements of its license.

Last updated: 3/5/2014 3:49 AM