Dakota County, in partnership with the City of Eagan and Independent School District 196, is beginning construction on the Diffley Road (County Road 30) School Area Safety Improvements project. This project will:
- Narrow Diffley Road to one lane of traffic in each direction between Lexington Avenue (County Road 43) and Braddock Trail
- Install two single lane roundabouts at Daniel Drive and Braddock Trail
- Provide enhanced pedestrian crossings through the addition of pedestrian activated beacons and a new trail connection from Braddock Trail to south parking lot
- Construct new access to Dakota Hills Middle School/Eagan High School's south lot from Daniel Drive
- Improve circulation in the Dakota Hills Middle School, Eagan High School and Northview Elementary School parking lots
For background information on the project, go to the
Project Study and
Project Design pages.
Diffley Road Final Layout
Diffley Road FAQ
May 2021–late fall 2021
The project team hosted a post-construction open house on Aug. 30, 2021, to educate residents, students and parents on navigating the new improvements.