Dakota County, in partnership with the City of Eagan and Independent School District 196, is beginning construction on the Diffley Road (County Road 30) School Area Safety Improvements project. This project will:
- Narrow Diffley Road to one lane of traffic in each direction between Lexington Avenue (County Road 43) and Braddock Trail
- Install two single lane roundabouts at Daniel Drive and Braddock Trail
- Provide enhanced pedestrian crossings through the addition of pedestrian activated beacons and a new trail connection from Braddock Trail to south parking lot
- Construct new access to Dakota Hills Middle School/Eagan High School's south lot from Daniel Drive
- Improve circulation in the Dakota Hills Middle School, Eagan High School and Northview Elementary School parking lots
For background information on the project, go to the
Project Study and
Project Design pages.
Diffley Road Final Layout
Diffley Road FAQ
May 2021–late fall 2021
The Diffley Marketplace access points on Diffley Road and Daniel Drive are entrances only. Please exit Diffley Marketplace via Patrick Road. Attempting to exit via Diffley Road or Daniel Drive causes major traffic flow and safety concerns.
Week of June 14
- Continued grading the new access road between Northview Elementary School and Dakota Hills Middle School.
- Completed reclaiming (grinding up of the existing asphalt pavement) work on Diffley Road.
- Private utility relocations continued.
- Began concrete and curb and gutter removals.
- Continued water main work.
- Continued lighting removals.
Week of June 21
- Grading work for the new access road will continue.
- Aggregate base installation on the new access road will begin.
- Private utility relocations will continue. There are no planned disruptions to service at this time.
- Concrete and curb and gutter removals will continue.
- Water main work will continue.
- Storm sewer work will begin.
- Pedestrian access will continue to shift periodically to allow for water and utility work to continue. Please be on the lookout for pedestrian detour signage identifying the pedestrian access route.
School Access (Elementary School - June 7-10)
School Access (All Schools)
School Pedestrian & Bike Access
Baseball Field Access
Diffley Marketplace Access
Diffley Detour Map
If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out through the project email or hotline.
For the most up-to-date construction information, go to
Bolton & Menk's Diffley Road project site.
See construction updates on the Bolton & Menk project site
Subscribe to email or text construction updates
For questions and concerns about construction, email Bolton & Menk at
firstname.lastname@example.org or call the project hotline at 612-258-2918.