Dakota County is working with the cities of Apple Valley and Rosemount to construct a single-lane roundabout at the intersection of County Road 33 (Diamond Path) and 140th Street/Connemara Trail.
A study was conducted to review traffic and safety issues at the intersection of County Road 33 (Diamond Path) and 140th Street/Connemara Trail.
The study reviewed existing and future traffic operations and developed design alternatives for the intersection. The study recommended construction of a single-lane roundabout based on safety, future traffic and the neighborhood setting. For more information about the study, visit the County Road 33 Roundabout Feasibility Study page.
The project components include:
- Constructing a single lane roundabout at 140th Street/ Connemara Trail and County Road 33 (Diamond Path) intersection
- Restriping 140th Street in Apple Valley between County Road 31 (Pilot Knob Road) to Diamond Path from an undivided four-lane to three-lane roadway (center left turn lane)
- Restriping from an undivided four-lane to two-lane with turn lanes on Diamond Path between 145th Street and 140th Street/Connemara Trail
- Preserving pavement on Diamond Path between County Road 42 (150th Street) and 140th Street/Connemara Trail
Get email updates
To receive email updates for this project, email Janan Putz at email@example.com. Please include “CP 33-15 Updates" in the subject line.
The intersection of Diamond Path and 140th Street/Connemara Trail is now closed to thru traffic for the construction of the roundabout.
- Installing topsoil and landscaping continues into the first week of October
- Installing push buttons and flashers tentatively scheduled for Tuesday, Sept. 26 (Pedestrian flashers will be installed at 145th Street and Drummond Trail)
- Milling (grinding off a layer of pavement) Diamond Path and Connemara Trail starting Wednesday, Sept. 27
- Paving the roundabout and the milled areas the week of Oct. 2
County Road 33 Newsletter