The interchange at Highway 52 and County Road 42 in Rosemount will be reconstructed. As part of the reconstruction project, the Highway 52 bridges over County Road 42 will be replaced, and the interchange ramps will be reconstructed on similar alignments with dedicated turn lanes being added to off-ramps. The design includes extending the 4-lane divided section of County Road 42 to east of Conley Avenue. This project will improve safety and provide capacity for future traffic.
Project timeline: April 3, 2017–late November 2017
Get email updates
To receive email updates for this project, email Erin Borchert at email@example.com. Please include “CP 42-82 Updates” in the subject line.
County Road 42
County Road 42 between Blaine Avenue and Highway 52 will be reduced to a single lane in each direction to construct a crossover in the median from 7 a.m.–6 p.m. on Friday, April 21, weather permitting.
The traffic lanes on County Road 42 east of Highway 52 will be shifted to work on both sides of the roadway. Lane widths will be reduced to 11 feet.
Temporary lane closures on Highway 52 near County Road 42 are scheduled as follows, weather permitting:
- Saturday, April 22, 7 p.m.–midnight on northbound Highway 52 to remove barrier from the southeast ramp
- Sunday, April 23, 7 p.m.–1 a.m. on northbound and southbound Highway 52 to change striping in advance of the north ramp closures
- Monday, April 24, 9 p.m.–midnight to begin setting barrier in advance of the north ramp closures
The southeast ramp will remain closed until Sunday, April 23 to reconstruct the ramp. The following detours to access County Road 42 from northbound Highway 52 will be posted. Detour Map
- Exit at County Road 46 and go west to Hwy 3, north on Highway 3 to County Road 42
- Exit at 117th Street, cross the bridge to southbound Highway 52, exit onto eastbound Highway 55
The north ramps will close to traffic at 12:01 a.m. on Tuesday, April 25 for one week to reconstruct the ramp. The following detours will be posted. Detour Map
- County Road 42 to Northbound Highway 52: Go south on Highway 52, exit at County Road 46, cross the bridge to northbound Highway 52
- Southbound Highway 52 to County Road 42: Exit onto eastbound Highway 55 to County Road 42
Upcoming ramp closures are scheduled to begin at 12:01 a.m. as follows:
- Southwest ramp: April 11–18
- Southeast ramp: April 17–23
- Northeast & northwest ramps: April 25–30
Detours for the ramp closures will be posted.
Speed limits may be reduced in the work zone. Please don’t go around barriers into construction zones.
Schedule for April 20-29
Some of the work for the north ramp may occur at night.
County Road 42
- Pave the crossover in the median west of Highway 52.
- Widen the south side of County Road 42 east of Highway 52 (work is off of the roadway).
- Remove some of the existing pavement along the north side of County Road 42 east of Highway 52 (work is outside the driving lanes).
Highway 52 – Southeast Ramp
- Grading, paving, striping and shouldering the ramp.
Highway 52 – North Ramps
- Striping Highway 52 for the closure of the north ramps.
- Setup traffic control.
- Sawcut and remove the existing pavement.
- Grading, paving, striping, and shouldering the ramps.
Miscellaneous work throughout the project limits
- Private utility relocation.
Schedules are subject to change due to weather and other unforeseen circumstances.
Any questions or comments concerning this or any highway projects, email Dakota County Transportation Department or phone 952-891-7900
Public Engagement Plan
County Road 42 at Highway 52 Newsletter (March 30, 2017)