The interchange at Highway 52 and County Road 42 in Rosemount will be reconstructed. As part of the reconstruction project, the Highway 52 bridges over County Road 42 will be replaced, and the interchange ramps will be reconstructed on similar alignments with dedicated turn lanes being added to off-ramps. The design includes extending the 4-lane divided section of County Road 42 to east of Conley Avenue. This project will improve safety and provide capacity for future traffic.
Project timeline: April 3, 2017–late November 2017
Get email updates
To receive email updates for this project, email Erin Borchert at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “CP 42-82 Updates” in the subject line.
County Road 42
County Road 42 between the Highway 52 ramps is closed until October. The following detours are posted:
- To eastbound County Road 42/Northbound Highway 52 – south on Highway 3 to County Road 46, east on County Road 46, cross the bridge to northbound Highway 52, continue on Highway 52 to go north or exit at County Road 42 to go east; Alternate route – east on County Road 42 to southbound Highway 52, exit at County Road 46 and cross the bridge to northbound Detour Map
- To westbound County Road 42/Southbound Highway 52 – west on Highway 55, exit at 117th Street, cross the bridge to southbound Highway 52, continue on Highway 52 to go south or exit at County Road 42 to go west; Alternate route – west on County Road 42 to northbound Highway 52, exit at 117th Street, cross the bridge to southbound Highway 52 Detour Map
The traffic lanes on County Road 42 east of Highway 52 are shifted to the south half of the roadway (one lane in each direction) to work on the north half of the roadway. Lane widths will be reduced to 11 feet.
County Road 42 traffic west of Highway 52 is shifted to the north half of the roadway to reconstruct the south half of the roadway. Lane widths will be reduced to 11 feet wide.
The section of Highway 52 between the ramps at County Road 42 is closed until October to reconstruct the bridges over County Road 42. Traffic on Highway 52 will be maintained using the ramps at County Road 42 as bypasses. Right turns to/from County Road 42 will be allowed. No left turns will be permitted.
Speed limits may be reduced in the work zone. Please don’t go around barriers into construction zones.
Schedule for July 21-29
County Road 42 - east of Highway 52
- Grading along the north side of the roadway (work is outside of the driving lanes).
- Placing aggregate and paving the north side of the roadway (work is outside of the driving lanes).
County Road 42 - west of Highway 52
- Grading along the south half of the roadway (work is outside of the driving lanes).
- Finish pouring the bridge decks.
- Construct the approach panels to the bridges.
- Placing aggregate on the roadway between the ramps.
Miscellaneous work throughout the project limits
- Private utility relocation.
Schedules are subject to change due to weather and other unforeseen circumstances.
Any questions or comments concerning this or any highway projects, email Dakota County Transportation Department or phone 952-891-7900
Public Engagement Plan
County Road 42 at Highway 52 Newsletter (March 30, 2017)