County Road 50 (Kenwood Trail) from County Road 60 (185th Street) to County Road 9 (Dodd Blvd) in Lakeville will be reconstructed to increase capacity and improve safety. This section of County Road 50 will be converted to a 4-lane section with raised median and turn lanes. Pedestrian and bike paths will constructed along both sides of County Road 50, and the traffic signal located at the County Road 50/Ipava Avenue intersection will be replaced.
Project timeline: July 2017–late Nov. 2018
Get email updates
To receive email updates for this project, email Erin Borchert at email@example.com. Please include “CP 50-19 Updates” in the subject line.
County Road 50 between Jaguar Avenue and County Road 60 (185th Street) is closed until late fall. A detour route is signed using County Road 60 (185th Street) and County Road 9 (Dodd Boulevard). During this closure, there are specific points to access neighborhoods and schools within the closure area as follows:
- Jaguar Avenue neighborhood: Access from/to the south on County Road 50
- Kenwood Middle School: Use 192nd Street to cross County Road 50
- Kenwood Way: Use County Road 50 to Jordan Trail
- Jewel Court: Use County Road 50 to 188th Street
- 188th Street neighborhood (east of County Road 50): Access using 188th Street west of County Road 50
- 185th Street to 188th Street: Use County Road 50 to 188th Street
Excavation of the roadway continues between Jaguar Avenue and 192nd Street. Storm sewer installation continues. Curb and gutter installation is tentatively scheduled for late July. Private utilities, such as electric and cable, continue to move their facilities.
Schedules are subject to change due to weather and other unforeseen circumstances.
Any questions or comments concerning this or any highway projects, email Dakota County Transportation Department or phone 952-891-7900.
Construction Staging Map
County Road 50 Project Layout
County Road 50 Newsletter (June 22, 2017)