County Road 50 (Kenwood Trail) from County Road 60 (185th Street) to County Road 9 (Dodd Blvd) in Lakeville will be reconstructed to increase capacity and improve safety. This section of County Road 50 will be converted to a 4-lane section with raised median and turn lanes. Pedestrian and bike paths will constructed along both sides of County Road 50, and the traffic signal located at the County Road 50/Ipava Avenue intersection will be replaced.
Project timeline: July 2017–late Nov. 2018
Get email updates
To receive email updates for this project, email Erin Borchert at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “CP 50-19 Updates” in the subject line.
County Road 50 between Jaguar Avenue and County Road 60 (185th Street) is scheduled to close to traffic on Monday, April 30, weather permitting. During this closure, there will be specific points to access neighborhoods and schools within the closure area as follows:
- Jaguar Avenue neighborhood: Access from/to the south on County Road 50
- Kenwood Middle School: Use 192nd Street to cross County Road 50
- Kenwood Way: Use County Road 50 to Jordan Trail
- Jewel Court: Use County Road 50 to 188th Street
- 188th Street neighborhood (east of County Road 50): Access using 188th Street west of County Road 50
- 185th Street to 188th Street: Use County Road 50 to 188th Street
Work on the project is scheduled to resume on Monday, April 30, weather permitting. Some minor work in preparation of construction may occur prior to that date, such as identifying utility locations and elevations.
Schedules are subject to change due to weather and other unforeseen circumstances.
Any questions or comments concerning this or any highway projects, email Dakota County Transportation Department or phone 952-891-7900.
Construction Staging Map
County Road 50 Newsletter (June 22, 2017)