A single-lane roundabout will be constructed at the intersection of County Road 8 (Wentworth Avenue) and County Road 73 (Oakdale Avenue) in West St Paul to improve safety and traffic flow. In addition to the roundabout, County Road 8 from 500 feet west of County Road 73 to 500 feet east of County Road 73, and County Road 73 from 390 feet south of County Road 8 to 250 feet north of County Road 8 will be reconstructed.
Project Timeline: Feb. 12–September 2017
Get email updates
To receive email updates for this project, email Stacy Reilly at email@example.com. Please include “CP 08-20 Updates” in the subject line.
The intersection of County Road 8 and County Road 73 closed until late August. The following detours are posted:
Oakdale Avenue detours
- Southbound Oakdale – south on Oakdale Avenue, west on Thompson Avenue, south on Robert Street, east on Lothenbach Avenue, south on Oakdale.
- Northbound Oakdale – north on Oakdale Avenue, west on Lothenbach Avenue, north on Robert Street, east on Thompson Avenue north on Oakdale or east on Highway 52 ramps. Detour Map
Wentworth Avenue detours
- Eastbound Wentworth – east/west on Wentworth Avenue, north on Robert Street, east on Thompson Avenue, north of Oakdale or east to Highway 52 ramps.
- Westbound Wentworth – north on Wentworth Avenue/Thompson ramp access road, west on Thompson Avenue, south on Robert Street, east/west on Wentworth Avenue. Detour Map
Schedule for Aug. 17–26
- Finish subgrade excavation.
- Finish placing aggregate for the new roadway.
- Start installing curb and gutter, driveway panels and concrete walk
Any questions or comments concerning this or any highway projects, email Dakota County Transportation Department or phone 952-891-7900.
Roundabout Education & Links – Roundabout education materials and links
County Roads 8 & 73 Newsletter (Feb. 6, 2017)