Dakota County, with the City of Lakeville, will construct major roadway improvements this summer on Dodd Boulevard, 179th Street, Granby Lane and Cedar Avenue. As a result, Dodd Boulevard will become 179th Street near Hayes Avenue and continue east to connect to Cedar Avenue. The traffic signal at the intersection of 179th Street and Cedar Avenue will be replaced.
The traffic signal at the intersection of Dodd Boulevard and Cedar Avenue will be removed permanently. The vehicles travelling on Cedar Avenue will have the option to turn right or left onto Dodd Boulevard. However, the traffic on Dodd Boulevard will only have the option to turn right onto Cedar Avenue at that intersection upon completion of the roadway construction.
The other improvements to Dodd Boulevard include:
- Reconstruction of the roadway between 175th Street/Granby Lane and Glasgow Way.
- Change Dodd Boulevard between Hayes Avenue and 175th Street/Granby Lane to become a trail for walking and biking.
Get email updates
To receive email updates for this project, email Stacy Reilly at
email@example.com. Please include “CP 09-56 Update" in the subject line.
For questions or issues about project construction, you can call the SRF Consulting Group project hotline at 763-251-4027.
There are three stages to this project. See the project stages map.
- Completing all concrete curb and sidewalk throughout the project
- Grading bike trail along Dodd from Hayes Avenue to Cedar Avenue
Sept. 25-Oct. 1
- Milling and paving on Cedar Avenue. This work will involve lane closures – down to single lane traffic on Cedar Avenue (northbound and southbound).
- Milling and paving on Dodd Boulevard between Granby Lane and Cedar Avenue
- Paving bike trail along Dodd Boulevard from Hayes Avenye to Cedar Avenue
- Spreading topsoil and seed on disturbed areas along Dodd Boulevard