MnDOT, in coordination with Dakota County, the City of Farmington and Empire Township, will construct a roundabout at the intersection of Highway 3 and County Road 66. A roundabout will improve safety, the overall operation at the intersection and reduce delays. The project will also improve drainage and accessibility.
Summary of work
- Construct a new roundabout at Highway 3 and County Road 66
- Construct a trail on the south side of County Road 66 from Highway 3 to Cascade Drive
- Construct a trail on the east side of Highway 3 from County Road 66 to 209th Street.
- Construct trail on west side of Highway 3 from 205th Street to Willow Street
- Improve drainage
- Add landscaping near roundabout
June through Nov. 1, 2022, with the full closure expected to begin after July 4. (Crews will be out in March 2022 to remove trees prior to construction).
For more information