Dakota County and City of Eagan are planning for proposed intersection improvements along Yankee Doodle Road (County Road 28) at the intersections with Mike Collins Drive/Ivy Lane and Elrene Road. The proposed intersection improvements are likely to include:
- Construction of a restricted access intersection at the Mike Collins Drive/Ivy Lane
- Installation of a new traffic signal and roadway geometric changes at Elrene Road
- New right turn lane at Yankee Doodle Road & Wescott Square
- ADA pedestrian ramp improvements
- Upgrades to the median and striping
- Pavement resurfacing
These improvements were studied in the
2007 County Road 28 (Yankee Doodle Road) Corridor Study. County staff reviewed the assessment studies in 2016 and 2019. Construction of the recommended improvements is tentatively planned for summer 2024.
Additional information for this project will be posted when available.
Tentative project timeline
- Preliminary and Final Design: Summer/fall 2023
- Spring 2023: Open house #1
- Winter 2023: Open house #2
- Bidding: Winter 2023-2024
- Construction: Summer 2024
Open house #2 - Wednesday, Dec. 6, 2023
Project staff will present project background, final design layouts, alternative routes for left-turning vehicles (Mike Collins Drive/Ivy Lane), tentative construction schedule, construction phasing and detour routes, and other project updates. Opportunities for questions and feedback will be included.
Wednesday, Dec. 6, 5-7 p.m.
Faithful Shepard Catholic School, Cafeteria
3355 Columbia Drive, Eagan
Final Design Layout
General Transportation Display Boards
Construction Display Boards
Open house #1 - May 31, 2023
Project staff presented project background information, preliminary layouts, and project schedule.
Preliminary Design Layout
Open House Display Boards
Complete a project feedback form
For assistance or more information
Stay up to date throughout the process by visiting this webpage. You can also contact the Dakota County project manager if you have any questions:
Hassan Hussein, Project Manager