Dakota County and Rice County are partnering on the reconstruction of 70th Street (Rice County Road 101) and 320th Street (Dakota County Road 96) from Hazelwood Drive (Rice County Road 46) in Webster Township to Foliage Avenue (Dakota County Road 23) in Greenvale Township.
The 70th Street/320th Street corridor is a critical component of the regional transportation network, providing an east-west connection to Interstate 35 in Webster Township, Rice County and Highway 3 in Waterford Township, Dakota County.
Dakota and Rice counties anticipate 70th Street/320th Street to continue to serve as an east-west corridor for the area and the proposed improvements will provide safer access.
The proposed project includes:
- Reconstruction to a 2-lane paved highway;
- Paved shoulders and bypass or turn lanes at intersections;
- Review of drainage areas for updated culvert sizes;
- Review of field entrance locations;
- New county highway easements will need to be acquired.
Anticipated project timeline
Early fall 2020: Preliminary design
Late fall 2020-2021: Final design
Early 2021: Right-of-way acquisition