The Mississippi River Trail will extend 27 miles within Dakota County from Hastings to Saint Paul. The majority of the Mississippi RiverTrail within Dakota County has been completed with the exception of connections in Rosemount and St. Paul.
The Rosemount connection extends from 117th Street (City of Inver Grove Heights/ City of Rosemount border) to Spring Lake Park Reserve. It has been split into two segments: west and east.
The design on the 1.8-mile western part of the connection is complete, and construction will be advertised for bidding in fall 2016.
The 1.7-mile eastern part of the connection is currently in the design phase. The public will be able to provide input during this phase.
The Rosemount West project includes:
- 1.8 miles of paved multi-use trail
- Construction of one underpass beneath Pine Bend Trail
- Expected construction in 2017 with possible tree clearing and utility relocation in 2016
The Rosemount East project includes:
- 1.7 miles of paved multi-use trail
- Construction of two underpass structures within Union Pacific Railroad property
- Expected construction in 2018 with possible tree clearing and utility relocation in 2017
Mississippi River Trail Newsletter
Engagement Plan - West
Engagement Plan - East