To use Zinio for Libraries, you will need to create a library account to select your magazines.
Set up a Library account to select magazines
- Go to the Zinio for Libraries website.
- Click on Create New Account in upper right hand corner.
- Enter your library barcode and click Next.
- Enter the required information. Click Create Account.
Selecting a new magazine
- Log in to the Zinio for Libraries website, using your email and password.
- Browse the library’s collection and click on Checkout Now when you have selected a magazine to read.
- You may continue to browse for magazines or start reading. Once you are done browsing, click on Start Reading tp read instantly on a PC/Mac.
- To read a checked out magazine on a mobile device, click on the mobile device link and you will be routed to the app store to install and/or open the Zinio for Libraries app.
Install apps and read downloaded magazines
At the bottom of the Zinio for Libraries login page, an iPad, iPhone, Android and Kindle Fire/HD. Alternatively for iPad, iPhone or Android devices, search for the Zinio for Libraries app in your device’s app store. For Kindle Fire HD/HDX, you need to install the app by from the footer in the Zinio for Libraries Collection Page or checkout screen.
If there is not an app available for your device, you can still access and read Zinio for Libraries magazines through your web browser. You must select your magazines through the Zinio for Libraries website, not through the app itself.
Reading magazines offline
- Install or open the Zinio for Libraries App for your mobile device.
- Click log in at the top of the screen and enter your countyy (United States), State (Minnesota) and Library Collection Name (Dakota County Library). Click on my library at the top of the page to view the magazines you've subscribed to via the Zinio for Libraries page.
- Enter your email and password. Click on log in.
- Click on the magazine cover to open and read.
Removing magazines from your account
Checked out magazines on your account do not have a due date, but users may choose to delete them from their app/device to free up processing memory.
To remove magazine issues from your account on your PC/Mac:
- Log in to your Dakota County Library Zinio for Libraries Collection account and click Collection Link near the top of the page.
- Click Edit.
- Click the red 'x' to remove titles from your account.
- Click the Done button when you are finished.
To remove magazine issues from your Zinio app:
- Open your Zinio for Libraries app and click and log in.
- Click Edit to display downloaded magazines.
- Click on the black “x” to remove title data.
- Click Done when finished.
- The magazine will remain in your personal checked out collection but without any data used up on your device. To read it at a later time, click on the cover, and the magazine will download again.