Library locations are open with new hours
All Dakota County Library locations are open to offer express services with limited building capacity. Customers can drop by any library location to:
- Pick up holds
- Find books or other materials on a shelf
- Check out items
- Use a computer
- Print, scan, copy or fax
All library locations are open:
- Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays: 9 a.m.–5 p.m.
- Tuesdays and Thursdays: 11 a.m.–7 p.m.
Library safety guidelines
- Wear a face mask (required for ages 5 and older)
- Stay 6 feet apart from others
- Use hand sanitizer or wash your hands
- Stay at home if you have experienced a fever or cold symptoms in the last seven days or been in close contact with someone who has been diagnosed or is suspected to have COVID-19
- Keep visits brief to allow others to enter the library
Services and spaces will be adapted to follow public health guidelines. Select seating is available. Meeting rooms, study rooms, iLAB equipment, 2GO! Kits and children's play areas are unavailable at this time.
Available library services
Book drops are open
Book drops are open at all library locations for returns.
Schedule a Curbside Pick-up appointment to pick up books and other library materials. If you are unable to use Curbside Pick-up, you may qualify for our Books by Mail service.
Access a variety of free digital items. including e-books, electronic magazines, audio books and more.
Online library card registration
Register online for a library card to access our digital resources, free of charge.
Library staff are available for assistance by phone at all Dakota County Library locations during library hours. You can also submit questions through Ask a Librarian.
Enjoy free virtual programs right at home. From arts and crafts to business tips, there's something for everyone.
Library due dates
ltems are due three weeks from the date they are checked out. At this time, overdue fines will not be charged, and library materials will automatically renew up to two times if they have not been requested by another customer. These temporary adjustments allow more flexibility for customers during the COVID-19 pandemic.