Library locations are open
All Dakota County Library locations are open to offer express services with limited building capacity. Customers can drop by any library location to:
- Pick up holds
- Find books or other materials on a shelf
- Check out items
- Use a computer
- Print, scan, copy or fax
All Dakota County library locations are open:
- Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays: 9 a.m.–5 p.m.
- Tuesdays and Thursdays: 11 a.m.–7 p.m.
- Saturdays: 9 a.m.–5 p.m.
Library safety guidelines
- Wear a face mask (required for ages 5 and older)
- Your mask should fit snugly and cover your nose and mouth.
- Can be cloth, disposable, neck gaiter, scarf or bandana, or religious face coverings.
- No holes, visible gaps, mesh materials, or masks with vents.
- Keep visits limited to one hour or less
- Stay 6 feet apart from others
- Use hand sanitizer or wash your hands
- Stay at home if you have experienced a fever or cold symptoms in the last seven days or been in close contact with someone who has been diagnosed or is suspected to have COVID-19
Services and spaces will be adapted to follow public health guidelines. Select seating is available. Meeting rooms, study rooms, iLAB equipment, 2GO! Kits and children's play areas are unavailable at this time.
Customers who are unable to wear a mask due to a health or other condition can wear a face shield. Face shields must extend from forehead to below the chin. Those customers will be allowed in library locations for 15 minutes or less. They can also arrange for alternative arrangements that don't require entrance into buildings by calling their library location.
The Express Services Social Narrative can help prepare individuals for visiting the library to use express services while following library safety guidelines during the pandemic.
Available library services
Book drops are open
Book drops are open at all library locations for returns.
Schedule a Curbside Pick-up appointment to pick up books and other library materials. If you are unable to use Curbside Pick-up, you may qualify for our Books by Mail service.
Wi-Fi hotspots & Chromebooks
Check out a Wi-Fi hotspot or a kit containing both a Wi-Fi hotspot and Chromebook laptop for free internet service at home or on the go.
Access a variety of free digital items, including e-books, electronic magazines, audiobooks and more.
Online library card registration
Register online for a library card to access our digital resources, free of charge.
Library staff are available for assistance by phone at all Dakota County Library locations during library hours. You can also submit questions through Ask a Librarian.
Enjoy free virtual programs for adults, teens and kids right at home. From arts and crafts to business tips, there's something for everyone.
Library due dates
ltems are due three weeks from the date they are checked out. At this time, overdue fines will not be charged, and library materials will automatically renew up to two times if they have not been requested by another customer. These temporary adjustments allow more flexibility for customers during the COVID-19 pandemic.