This notice is to announce the beginning of a minimum thirty-day (30) public comment and review period of Dakota County Community Development Agency’s (CDA) draft of the Dakota County Consortium’s 2016 Annual Action Plan. The purpose of the public comment period is to receive comments from the general public concerning the proposed housing and community development needs and objectives of Dakota County, and the projected use of FY 2016 Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds, HOME Program funds, Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG) funds, and Program Income derived from CDBG and HOME.
Summary of the proposed uses for the 2016 CDBG Program ($1,772,394) and Program Income:
- Dakota County: $153,813 for countywide home improvement loans; $28,151 for well sealing grants; $80,151 for the Rural Collaborative 2040 Comprehensive Plan update; $3,750 for fair housing implementation and $191,000 for general administration.
- Program Income: Approximately $400,000 in revolving loan funds for homeowner improvement loans.
- Small Cities & Townships –$14,478 to the City of Miesville for park improvements; $6,171 to the City of Randolph for park improvements and to replace the weather siren; and $17,500 for the Rural Collaborative 2040 Comprehensive Plan update.
- Apple Valley - $18,760 for senior public services; $113,812 for home improvement loans.
- Burnsville - $126,790 for home improvement loans and remodel grants; $111,000 for senior and youth public services; and $11,000 for general administration.
- Eagan - $164,530 for home improvement loans; $5,000 for home weatherization loans; $35,000 for senior and youth public services.
- Farmington - $40,017 for commercial rehabilitation; $5,000 for senior services.
- Hastings - $66,771 for assessment abatement.
- Inver Grove Heights - $62,250 for home improvement loans; $30,250 for comprehensive planning; $27,250 for public facilities improvements.
- Lakeville - $65,864 for home improvement loans; $65,864 for spot acquisition and clearance.
- Mendota Heights - $27,827 for home improvement loans.
- Northfield - $46,608 for property acquisition; $27,121 for rental housing improvement loans.
- Rosemount - $55,089 for sealing abandoned municipal wells.
- South St Paul - $40,267 for home improvement loans; $44,820 for acquisition of blighted property.
- West St Paul - $86,490 for home improvement loans.
Summary of the proposed uses for the 2016 ESG ($150,546):
- $31,528 to assist emergency shelter operations.
- $75,786 to be dedicated to rapid re-housing assistance payments.
- $32,000 to service assistance such as security deposit and housing search.
- $11,232 to general administration of the ESG program
Summary of the proposed uses for the 2016 HOME ($1,769,304) and estimated Program Income. The percentage shares are currently the 2015 shares and are subject to change.
- Dakota County (33.60% Share):
- Land Acquisition and New Construction: $445,865 for the development of affordable housing yet to be identified.
- Community Development Housing Organization (CHDO): $89,173 available for eligible Dakota County Community Housing Development Organizations.
- Administration: $59,449 for the administration of HOME funded projects and HOME Consortium related responsibilities.
- Anoka County (24.90% Share), $440,557, for detailed uses please contact Karen Skepper at 763-323-5709 or email@example.com;
- Ramsey County (24.10% Share), $426,402, for detailed uses please contact Mary Lou Egan at 651-266-8039 or firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Washington County (14.10% Share), $249,472, for detailed uses please contact Angie Shuppert at 651-379-9551 or email@example.com;
- City of Woodbury (3.30% Share), $58,387, for detailed uses please contact Karl Batalden at 651-414-3438 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Written and/or oral comments may be submitted to the following:
Maggie Dykes, Assistant Director of Community and Economic Development
Dakota County CDA
1228 Town Centre Drive, Eagan, MN 55123
651-675-4464. Fax: 651-287-8020.
MN Relay Service: 1-800-627-3529.
This information is also available on the CDA’s website at www.dakotacda.org. Written comments will be accepted now through April 10, 2016.