Notice is hereby given of a minimum five-day public comment period on proposed substantial amendments to the Dakota County Community Development Block Grant Coronavirus (CDBG-CV) Program and the Emergency Solutions Grant Coronavirus (ESG-CV) Program.
Proposed Substantial Amendments
The Dakota County Fiscal Year 2019 Annual Action Plan shall be amended to make the following changes to the CDBG-CV Program:
- Reduce the budget for the Public Services – Emergency Subsistence Payments activity from $1,547,685 to $1,185,266 (total $362,419).
- Increase the budget for the Public Services – Food Bank activity from $306,027 to $603,301 (total $297,274).
- Create the Public Services – Mental Health Services activity and fund with a budget of $231,118.
- Increase the budget for the Public Facilities – Homeless Facility activity from $210,000 to $370,000 (total ($160,000).
- Cancel the Public Services – Housing Counseling activity and transfer the funds ($100,000) to the Mental Health Services activity.
- Cancel the Public Services – Financial Literacy activity and transfer the funds ($193,973) to the Food Bank activity.
The Dakota County Fiscal Year 2019 Annual Action Plan shall be amended to make the following changes to the ESG-CV Program:
- Cancel the Homeless Prevention – Rental Assistance activity and transfer the funds ($50,000) to Emergency Shelter Operations.
- Cancel the Homeless Prevention – Stabilization Services activity and transfer the funds ($22,000) to Emergency Shelter Operations.
Dakota County's CDBG-CV and ESG-CV funds were authorized on March 27, 2020 by the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act), Public Law 116-136, to be used to prevent, prepare for, and respond to the social and economic impacts of the coronavirus pandemic. The public comment period offers the opportunity for citizens and agencies to provide testimony on the proposed uses of the CDBG-CV and ESG-CV funds. Persons seeking more information on the proposed substantial amendments should contact Kellie Engelman, Community Development Coordinator, at the Dakota County Community Development Agency (CDA), telephone 651-675-4468 or email@example.com.
Public comments may be submitted orally or in writing to the CDA through Nov. 23, 2021. Approval of the proposed amendments, subject to consideration of public comments, will be on the agenda of the Dakota County Board of Commissioners to be held at the Dakota County Administration Center, third floor, 1590 Highway 55, Hastings, MN, 55033 on Nov. 30, 2021, at 9 a.m. The meeting will also be broadcast via livestream available on the Board Meetings page.