This notice is to announce the beginning of a minimum 5-day public comment and review period of Dakota County Community Development Agency's (CDA) draft of the Dakota County Consortium's 2020-2024 Consolidated Plan and 2020 Action Plan. The purpose of the public comment period is to receive comments from the general public concerning the proposed housing and community development needs and objectives of Dakota County, and the projected use of Fiscal Year 2020 Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds, HOME Investment Partnerships (HOME) funds, Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG) funds, and Program Income derived from CDBG and HOME.
Following is a summary of the proposed uses for the 2020 CDBG Program ($1,928,343) and Program Income.
- Dakota County: $202,310 for Countywide home improvement loans; $35,000 for well sealing grants; $4,750 for fair housing implementation; $75,000 for multifamily rehab activity; and $202,883 for general grant administration.
- Program Income: Approximately $400,000 in revolving loan funds for home improvement loans.
- Small Cities & Townships – $12,000 to Marshan Township for a zoning ordinance update; $15,000 to the City of Mendota for city code/zoning ordinance update; $10,000 to the City of Randolph for a water supply plan.
- Apple Valley - $144,090 for home improvement loans; and $19,000 for senior public services.
- Burnsville - $226,491 for home improvement loans; $53,000 for youth public services.
- Eagan - $149,560 for home improvement loans; and $40,000 for senior and youth public services.
- Farmington - $33,897 for home improvement loans; $5,000 for senior services.
- Hastings - $75,065 for assessment abatement.
- Inver Grove Heights - $141,124 for home improvement loans.
- Lakeville - $57,471 for home improvement loans; $25,000 for senior transportation; $20,000 for senior services; and $35,000 for ADA compliance improvements to public facilities.
- Mendota Heights - $23,329 for home improvement loans.
- Northfield - $35,840 for home improvement loans; $29,472 for down payment assistance.
- Rosemount - $55,588 for home improvement loans.
- South St Paul - $92,363 for home improvement loans.
- West St Paul - $110,110 for home improvement loans.
The following is a summary of the proposed uses for the 2020 ESG ($165,857):
- $26,000 to assist emergency shelter operations.
- $126,668 for rapid re-housing assistance payments and stabilization services.
- $750 for HMIS licensing fees
- $12,439 for general administration of the ESG program
The following is a summary of the proposed uses for the 2020 HOME Entitlement ($2,436,090) and Program Income ($520,210).
- Dakota County (36.9% Share), $936,511 and $57,154 in Program Income for the following uses:
- Affordable Housing Development: $673,545 in entitlement funds and $42,673 in program income for an affordable housing development at a site to be determined.
- Community Development Housing Organization (CHDO): $134,709 in entitlement funds for an affordable housing development by a certified CHDO.
- Administration: $128,257 in entitlement funds and $14,481 in program income for the administration of HOME funded projects and HOME Consortium related responsibilities.
- Anoka County (24.1% Share), $572,951. For detailed uses, please contact Karen Skepper at 763-323-5709 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ramsey County (23.0% Share), $545,343 and $405,936 in Program Income. For detailed uses please contact Mary Lou Egan at 651-266-8039 or email@example.com
- Washington County (12.5% Share), $297,737 and $29,250 in Program Income. For detailed uses please contact Angie Shuppert at 651-379-9551 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- City of Woodbury (3.5% Share), $83,548 and $27,870 in Program Income. For detailed uses please contact Karl Batalden at 651-414-3438 or email@example.com
Written and oral comments may be submitted to the following:
Maggie Dykes, Assistant Director of Community and Economic Development
Dakota County CDA
1228 Town Centre Drive, Eagan, MN 55123
651-675-4464. Fax: 651-287-8020.
MN Relay Service: 1-800-627-3529.
This information is also available on the CDA's website at www.dakotacda.org. Written comments will be accepted now through Aug. 19, 2020.