Notice is hereby given of the Dakota County Board of Commissioners’ intent to amend Dakota County Ordinance No. 110: Solid Waste Management. The major amendments proposed to Ordinance No. 110 include:
- Clarification of several definitions;
- Modification of the financial assurance requirements for solid waste facilities to reduce costs and administrative overhead;
- Modification of the Minimally Contaminated Soil section to reduce regulation and better match the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency guidelines;
- Relaxation of regulations at wood waste processors;
- Addition of language to the Solid Waste Surcharge section, clarifying that a solid waste facility is not required to pay surcharge fees if the facility has an executed Host Fee Agreement with the County;
- Modification of reporting requirements at transfer stations; and
Inclusion of renumbering, reformatting, and other housekeeping modifications for clarification purposes only.
The Dakota County Board of Commissioners will hold a public hearing at 9 a.m. on Dec. 12, 2017 in the County Board Room, Dakota County Administration Center, 1590 Highway 55, Hastings, Minnesota, for the purpose of receiving comments on the proposed amendments to Dakota County Ordinance No. 110. A summary document of the proposed amendments and a full copy of the ordinance are available on the Dakota County website.
Written comments will be accepted until 4:30 p.m. on Dec. 8, 2017. Email comments are preferred and can be sent to email@example.com. You may also mail your comments to the Dakota County Environmental Resource Department, ATTN: Ordinance No. 110, 14955 Galaxie Avenue, Apple Valley, Minnesota 55124.
Interested persons attending the public hearing shall have the right to provide written or oral comments during the public hearing.